Here is where you will find information, links and contacts that will help you learn more about business and COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The Government’s $12.1b economic response to the coronavirus pandemic:
- Initial $500 million boost for health
- $5.1 billion in wage subsidies for affected businesses in all sectors and regions, available from today
- $126 million in COVID-19 leave and self-isolation support
- $2.8 billion income support package for our most vulnerable, including a permanent $25 per week benefit increase and a doubling of the Winter Energy Payment for 2020
- $100 million redeployment package
- $2.8 billion in business tax changes to free up cashflow, including a provisional tax threshold lift, the reinstatement of building depreciation and writing off interest on the late payment of tax
- $600 million initial aviation support package
Unite against COVID-19 – New Zealand Government website with all links and information on COVID-19
Hawke’s Bay COVID-19 Response
We’re taking a proactive, collaborative approach to this with a collective response via all Hawke’s Bay Business Hub members and partners; Business Hawke’s Bay, Regional Business Partners, Hawke’s Bay Chamber of Commerce, Business Central, NZTE, Export New Zealand, The Icehouse, the Economic Development departments of Councils and Hawke’s Bay Tourism etc.
In response to COVID-19 the Government has provided additional funding to augment the Regional Business Partners services at the Hawke’s Bay Business Hub initially through to 30 June.
The purpose of the funding is to provide practical advice out to businesses on a scale larger than we can with current resources, while also collecting feedback on the issues and impacts that businesses are facing to ensure our support remains relevant and we build a regional picture of economic impact. This is an initial response to get practical information to businesses.
Click here to learn more about business and COVID-19