Summer just ain’t summer without a bit of brain freeze.
Fortunately, Kiwis are pretty talented in the ice cream department. Hence, the mind-boggling array of quality options up and down the motu. We’ve put together this list of our favourite spots to help you decide where to get your frozen sugar rush this summer.
Rush Munro’s, Hastings
New Zealand’s oldest ice creamery, Rush Munro’s has been churning out quality ice cream since its English founder Frederick Charles Rush Munro arrived in Hawke’s Bay with 10 bob in his pocket and set up shop in Hastings.
The now iconic ice cream team use the same basic recipe pioneered by Frederick in 1926, offering tried and true favourite such as hokey pokey, boysenberry, cookies and cream and, of course, chocolate.
Fav spots outside of Hawke’s Bay:
- The Village Berry, Gisborne
- I Scream for Ice Cream, Feilding
- Fuse Real Fruit Ice Cream, Christchurch
- Zelati Dessert Cake, Wellington
- Sea People Ice Cream, Mt Maunganui
- Scrunchy Millers, Auckland
- The Gelato Lab, Christchurch
- Patti’s & Cream, Dunedin
First published by Stuff. Click here to read the full article.